In this episode I used a baseball metaphor to relate to movement in the church.
I built the discussion around Three Questions (and my answers to each):
1. Why are we always looking for home runs?
- They are exciting
- They are dramatic
- They can change the game with one swing of the bat
- They are addictive (which means they can cause the batter to lose focus and perspective)
2. What’s the benefit of a base hit?
- It keeps the game moving forward toward the team’s goals
- If you string enough of them together you are going to score
- Often, they are more about technique than power
- Sometimes an unexpected bloop drops in for a base hit
3. What are the implications for the church?
- The power of incremental change
- The encouraging culture of celebration
- The synergy of “we“
- The visible witness of the “body” metaphor
1 Corinthians 12:12-27
Keith Cooper (Guitar Music)
To comment on this episode or leave a question for a future episode:
1. Comment section below
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Voicemail: 817-929-0643
4. Direct tweet: @drgerrylewis