Welcome to Season 1 Episode 32 of the Your Church Matters podcast. In this episode, identified 6 general observations regarding gratitude and culture and 6 components of a culture of gratitude in your church.
- People expect to be criticized
- Our culture is so self-centered that we have lost the ability to be grateful. We have to have our expectations exceeded before we even think about gratitude.
- Our culture is much more driven by success than by significance.
- We only applaud risk takers of their risk does not affect our personal sense of security.
- We tend to value the bottom line over the vision.
- Since the squeaky wheel often gets the grease, complainers tend to get more attention than encouragers.
Our culture is much more driven by #success than by #significance. Click To Tweet
Components of a Culture of Gratitude:
- Public gratitude
- Private gratitude
- Consistent gratitude
- Abundant gratitude
- Milestone gratitude
- Encouragement gratitude
To comment on this episode or leave a question for a future episode:
1. Comment section below
2. Email: email@example.com
3. Voicemail: 817-929-0643
4. Direct tweet @drgerrylewis
*Special thanks to Keith Cooper (Guitar Music)