Welcome to Season 1 Episode 37 of the Your Church Matters podcast. In this episode, I shared a recording of a sermon I preached in the First Baptist Church of Decatur, TX on August 16, 2015.
The message was based on Ephesians 2:1-10, with special emphasis on verse 10: For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
Points to Ponder:
- Workmanship (Greek-poema) = poem/work of art/masterpiece
- We ARE His workmanship = current reality
- We are HIS workmanship = God’s unique involvement
- Created in Christ Jesus = brought from death into life (v. 1-9)
- For good works, which God prepared beforehand = His sovereign purpose and unique work
- That we would walk in them = lifestyle/patterns/habits
- WE are His WORKMANSHIP (not workmanships) = His masterpiece is US corporately, not just individual Christ-followers or even individual congregations … the people of God in the world
To comment on this episode or leave a question for a future episode:
1. Comment section below
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Voicemail: 817-929-0643
4. Direct tweet @drgerrylewis
*Special thanks to Keith Cooper (Guitar Music)