Welcome to Season 2 of the Your Church Matters podcast. Due to a busy travel schedule, a major book writing project, and 4 church consultations in process, I will be offering some replays of the main content of some previous episodes for Episodes 61-64 (March 29, April 5, April 12, April 19).
In this episode (62), I replayed the content of Episode 3, Celebrate base hits to create momentum.
I built the discussion around Three Questions (and my answers to each):
1. Why are we always looking for home runs?
- They are exciting
- They are dramatic
- They can change the game with one swing of the bat
- They are addictive (which means they can cause the batter to lose focus and perspective)
2. What’s the benefit of a base hit?
- It keeps the game moving forward toward the team’s goals
- If you string enough of them together you are going to score
- Often, they are more about technique than power
- Sometimes an unexpected bloop drops in for a base hit
3. What are the implications for the church?
- The power of incremental change
- The encouraging culture of celebration
- The synergy of “we“
- The visible witness of the “body” metaphor
1 Corinthians 12:12-27
How you can help me
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and give us a rating and review.
We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Share the love by clicking on one or more of the social share buttons at either the top or bottom of this post.
To comment on this episode or leave a question for a future episode:
1. Comment section below
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Voicemail: 817-929-0643
4. Direct tweet @drgerrylewis
*Special thanks to Keith Cooper (Guitar Music)
*Special thanks to Nathan Woodward (Saxophone Music)