Welcome to Season 2 of the Your Church Matters podcast. Due to a busy travel schedule, a major book writing project, and 4 church consultations in process, I will be offering some replays of the main content of some previous episodes for Episodes 61-64 (March 29, April 5, April 12, April 19).
In this episode (63), I replayed the content of Episode 32, Creating a culture of gratitude.
- People expect to be criticized
- Our culture is so self-centered that we have lost the ability to be grateful. We have to have our expectations exceeded before we even think about gratitude.
- Our culture is much more driven by success than by significance.
- We only applaud risk takers of their risk does not affect our personal sense of security.
- We tend to value the bottom line over the vision.
- Since the squeaky wheel often gets the grease, complainers tend to get more attention than encouragers.
Components of a Culture of Gratitude:
- Public gratitude
- Private gratitude
- Consistent gratitude
- Abundant gratitude
- Milestone gratitude
- Encouragement gratitude
How you can help me
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and give us a rating and review.
We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Share the love by clicking on one or more of the social share buttons at either the top or bottom of this post.
To comment on this episode or leave a question for a future episode:
1. Comment section below
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Voicemail: 817-929-0643
4. Direct tweet @drgerrylewis
*Special thanks to Keith Cooper (Guitar Music)
*Special thanks to Nathan Woodward (Saxophone Music)