Welcome to Season 2 of the Your Church Matters podcast. In this episode (75), I am sharing a reading of Chapter 4 of my brand new book, Why “Bible Study” Doesn’t Work: The epic failure of evangelicalism’s favorite discipleship method — and how YOUR CHURCH can do something about it.
If you have not listened to the previous chapters, you may want to do that before listening to this one.
Chapter Overview – 10 commandments for transforming “Bible study” into powerfully effective Disciple Making
- Thou shalt not bore thy class (Be engaging).
- Thou shalt celebrate authenticity (Be real).
- Thou shalt prepare with intentionality (Be prepared).
- Thou shalt redeem the time (Be timely).
- Thou shalt engage THE STORY (Be focused).
- Thou shalt embrace the mission of the church (Be on mission).
- Thou shalt encourage the Body (Be connected).
- Thou shalt empower disciples (Be purposeful).
- Thou shalt unleash ministers (Be catalytic).
- Thou shalt journey with joy (Be joyful).
What do you need to know about the book? (click on links)
- Book information
- Amazon Kindle Purchase Link – $2.99 ($2 savings)
- Amazon Paperback Purchase Link – $6.17
- My Amazon author page (lists all my books available from Amazon)
Current Best Seller Status
Updated July 13, 2016 at 10:15 a.m. Central Standard Time. 26th consecutive day on Best Seller lists and Hot New Releases.
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #21,705 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
How you can help me help others:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and give us a rating and review.
We are also on Stitcher.com, so if you prefer Stitcher, please subscribe there.
Share the love by clicking on one or more of the social share buttons at either the top or bottom of this post.
To comment on this episode or leave a question for a future episode:
1. Comment section below
2. Email: email@example.com
3. Voicemail: 817-929-0643
4. Direct tweet @drgerrylewis
*Special thanks to Keith Cooper (Guitar Music)
*Special thanks to Nathan Woodward (Saxophone Music)