Welcome to Season 3 of the Your Church Matters podcast. In this episode (94) I talked about the concept of Taking the High Road. I told a story of a recent situation where I had to choose the high road and then used the metaphor of a road under construction, and signs you might see on such a road, to encourage living on the high road.
Three signs you may see on a road under construction:
Slow down; the high road can’t be rushed. There are hazards to you and others. Distracted driving can put you in the ditch.
2. UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
Something in you may need to be deconstructed, renovated, or created.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. (Romans 12:2)
3. LOCAL TRAFFIC ONLY.
Take up residence on the high road; don’t try to pass through quickly.
Two benefits of the High Road:
1. The view is magnificent.
2. Junk always runs downhill.
Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest. (Proverbs 26:2)
How you can help me help others:
- Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes and give us a rating and review.
- We are also on Stitcher.com and Google Play, so if you prefer one of those formats, please subscribe there.
- Share the love by clicking on one or more of the social share buttons at either the top or bottom of this post.
To comment on this episode or leave a question for a future episode:
1. Comment section below
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Voicemail: 817-929-0643
4. Direct tweet @drgerrylewis
*Special thanks to Keith Cooper (Guitar Music)
*Special thanks to Nathan Woodward (Saxophone Music)